Tips to Stay Fit on the Road
Here are my top five tips on how to keep fit on the
1. Learn about what you can do with body-weight exercise. A few
push ups in your hotel room require nothing but determination.
2. Don't skip breakfast, but do get all the food at once. You'll
be shocked at how much you are intending to eat when you see all the
plates laid out in a row.
3. Travel with protein bars and keep them in your hand luggage.
4. Never go to a business dinner feeling hungry.
5. Enjoy dessert if you have it. Just don't whine to everyone
else about how you really shouldn't.
It has taken me 20 years of travelling to realize that I can
travel and be healthy, just not all the time. The excuses pour out
faster than barnaise sauce on steak: I don't have time, I am too
tired, I had to have that 10-course meal just to be
polite. Rubbish. With 90,000 miles so far travelled this year I can
tell you it's perfectly possible. Keeping fit on the road is a state
of mind. Get that in good shape and the body will follow.
Richard Quest is CNN's international business correspondent and
presents Quest Means Business. Follow him on Twitter @richardquest
© 2012 The Independent on Sunday. via ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved