Are You Tired or Toxic?
By Janet Angel, PhD
All of us are bombarded by environmental toxins found in foods, the air, our water, clothing, cleaning supplies, skin and hair care products, medicines and more! Your body must detoxify these “unwanted” materials daily in order to stay well. Some of us are able to readily detoxify because we have the elements needed to get the job done. Others are less able to keep their bodies clean of these poisons because they may not realize that it takes effort to stay healthy. There are things that we need to do each day in order to keep ourselves in peak shape. Here are some healthy tips you may consider as part of your regular health regime:
- Learn how to breathe deeply and do it out of doors whenever possible. Practice taking deep breaths throughout your day. Try it while taking a walk, resting in a hammock, sitting on the porch, or even watching TV. Breathe in through your nose and hold your breath as long as you can without stressing out and then exhale through your mouth.
- Dry brush your skin using a loofah brush or natural bristled brush before bathing and working out. Shower using natural soap.
- Use natural cleaning products and have your clothes cleaned at an organic cleaning plant if possible. One that does not use harsh chemicals to remove stains.
- Get as close to nature as possible. That means be outside more often. Try getting fresh air at least thirty minutes per day. Walk as briskly as you can.
- Eat more dark leafy green veggies and have fruits in season. Concentrate on vegetables and eat at least five servings daily if you can. If you can’t you might think about taking compressed green tablets such as Spirulina, Wheat Grass, Chlorella, and other green mixes.
- Drink purified water or fresh spring water as often as possible. If you are truly toxic you might consider drinking distilled water for just one week per month. Drinking distilled too frequently will start to leech minerals from your body.
- Take a high quality multi-vitamin and multi-mineral formula each day.
- Replace electrolytes lost during perspiring or fevers. One of the naturally sweetened and powdered electrolyte packets in water is much better than commercial grade sugar-filled Gatorade-type drinks in my opinion.
- Cut back on processed foods, fried foods, and all devitalized snacks.
- Love your liver by adding fresh squeezed lemon juice to your room temperature water at least every other day. Eat fresh parsley and dandelion greens to help detoxification efforts.
- Drink herbal teas rather than coffee if you find yourself too acidic. Live greens and many teas are more alkaline.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol and of course do not smoke.
- One of the best insurance measures you can take is a natural digestive enzyme formula such as AbsorbAid®. Plant enzymes work in a wider pH range and are great for most everyone. They are mild and absolutely support your body’s efforts to break down foods into micro-nutrient particles that can be used to facilitate metabolism and detoxification.